Sunday 19 February 2017

Rising Star💞- 100 Acrewoods

Rising star💞- 100 Acrewoods


Acrewoods is a Rhythm and Blues(RnB) singer with an afro mix who was born in Minnesota USA. He spent most of his life in Nigeria. He is currently in Houston, Texas, studying Graphic Designing. He has a voice like the weeknd  who is actually someone he admires. In this interview, he talked about his musical career and little crunches. Enjoy.
Have you been told by anyone that you sounded like the weeknd  in your song titled "why her"? 

  • Yes I have haha!!! The weeknd is one of my biggest inspirations.


How did this music thing come about?

  • I have been singing since I was in pre-school on stage for different school events, so you can say I've been singing all my life.




How did you come up with the stage name " Acrewoods"?

  • "Acre Woods" was part of stories I grew up reading. The 100 acre woods was a forest full of demons weird creatures. I was always scared of it growing up. My grandmother read them to me and so did my parents and whenever they reached the part talking about the 100 acre woods, I would either tell them to skip or I would hide. Growing up, one of the biggest lessons I've learned is facing your demons and conquering them, so when I was looking for a stage name I wanted something that would remind me of my grandmother, parents and my childhood and also remind me to face my demons and believe I can do anything. I remembered the 100 Acre Woods and was like, why not, so I went with "Acre Woods".




Parents reaction?

  • My parents have always supported me. They believe if I have a gift, I should pursue it and cherish it.




You are schooling and doing music. How do you balance both?

  • I am in school right now in Houston Texas studying graphic design so I try to balance music and school. Hopefully someday, I'll be able to focus on music only.




My most favourite track out of all is " for what crime", what/who inspired the song?

  • "For What Crime". I have always been judged for the little decisions I've made in life, disliked for no reason and shown love by a few who I cherish till day. I've always questioned each person that displays this negativity towards me " For what crime did I commit?" The funny thing is most at times they can't answer the  question. So I consider it an unsolved mystery and try to answer it all the time. Because it's something that is constantly in my head. I said why not bring it out as a title.




Is there a particular song with soo much emotion to it or soo much to it?

  • Yes, in fact all of them. To be honest, music is the only way I can express my emotions especially when I'm depressed, I convert any form of sadness or anger into lyrics and create a song. I don't feel better till I make an actual track. I prefer singing to expressing my emotions to someone through a conversation.




Do you write your songs or use song writers?

  • I write all my songs




Who would you like to collaborate with home and abroad?

  • If I were to collaborate with someone at home, most likely Maleek Berry.




Any collaboration/record label yet?

  • Haha no, I have no record label, no collaborations yet.











Who do you look up to in the music industry both home and abroad?


  • I look up to The Weeknd, Tory Lanez, Post Malone and Roy Wood.




Do you listen to the beat to decide the lyrics or write the lyrics and create the beat?

  • I listen to an instrumental and then make a song on it.




Shouldn't there be a song titled Fatima😩? 

  • You're right 😄, I should make a song titled "Fatima" for all the beautiful Fatimas out there.

Thank you 101 acrewoods. You can download his songs on soundcloud-https://m.soundcloud.com/101acrewoods. 
Follow him on Instagram 100.acrewoods_
I can't wait for a song with my name as title😉😊.

No comments: